Be sure to check out our new Blogs and discover all the new Free Training!
Newsletter for EducationOnlineForComputers.com
Computer Software Education, Training & Tutorial Resources
*** ISSUE #21 - January 2006 ***
This Newsletter is only sent to its subscribers and
is available in February, 2006 on the web at
Newsletter Archives are here:
Subscribe and unsubscribe instructions are at the end.
Please forward this newsletter to all your friends
and associates who might be interested!
In This Issue:
1)... Editor's Greeting
2)... Best New Free Microsoft Office Training & Tutorial Sites
3)... The Best New Free Training Sites for Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, FrontPage, & other Adobe / Macromedia Applications
4)... Best New Free Web Development Training Sites
5)... Best New Free Windows, Linux, Hardware & Computer Training
6)... Software, Office and Computer Sites Worth Mentioning
7)... Question of the Month about Software Training
8)... Please Support Our Computer Training Mission
1) Editor's Greeting:
Hello everyone, and welcome to our new subscribers!
This is the January 2005 issue (#21) of our Free monthly Newsletter for EducationOnlineForComputers.com, giving you the most current Free online Microsoft Office and Web Development Software Training and Tutorial Resources that we have recently discovered and researched. This newsletter is free to anyone subscribing (instructions at bottom, no username/password is needed). To access our member site, however, you do need a user name and password - registering as a member of EducationOnlineForComputers.com costs only $14 for two months, for more information please see Become a Member of EducationOnlineForComputers.com.
My desire is that these free resources will help you with your computer education and training and will help you advance your career. Our main mission is the training of those less fortunate who are seeking to become computer literate, from a user's perspective.
By means of this email newsletter, you have knowledge of and access to these sites before our web site visitors do. The best of these resources will be added to our Member Training pages and the remainder to our Free Training pages.
In this issue we are featuring a total of 56 Computer Software Application training, learning and tutorial web sites, with a total of 142 tutorial courses linked. It features many free Microsoft Office training tutorials for your learning profit and enjoyment.
*** Current Issue ***
Please take a look at and bookmark our Blogs, these will be updated daily and weekly with New Free Training and Tutorial Resources, as I discover and evaluate them:
- Web Development - Adobe & Macromedia - Microsoft Office
To get your Free MS Office and Web Development Software Training updates via RSS, please copy (right click and copy shortcut or link location) and paste these urls into your RSS reader:
Please visit our New Free Training and Tutorial Search Engine, Edcomp.com - We have deployed a new website at www.edcomp.com that is a search engine with a large database of over 150,000 free IT education and training web resources, with another 70,000 free resources reserved exclusively for paid members. If you're an educationonlineforcomputers.com member, go to http://www.edcomp.com/members/ to access the special members' page for searching 220,000 free training web resources.
For your convenience, this newsletter is also available to subscribers in HTML format at this special url:
If you are looking for free technical or programming training, please visit our sister site:
Also, please check out our new free computer training search site at www.edcomp.com.
I wish you the best with your computer studies and learning.
Jeff Love Newsletter and Web Site Editor
"Learn New Skills and Increase Your Earning Power*** Become a Member of EducationOnlineForComputers.com ***
- With Free Online Computer Training!"
Our Members' Site contains the web's best Microsoft Office and other software training resources and tutorials. This content is individually linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your computer learning experience. We have done all the web research and presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your computer training. For short FAQ Answers, please see the end of this newsletter.
The total price to join as a member is only $14 total for 2 months, $24 for 4 months, $32 for 6 months, or $56 for a whole year. The funds generated will assist us to help all those seeking computer education and application end-user training. Here's the link to see what's available on our member's site and to sign up.
This is our new free computer and IT education and training search engine housing over 140,000 free training internet resources! Just type in a topic you're looking for and get tons of great web resources instantly. These search results are much better than the big search engines, like google. You can also check out our predefined search results page giving you tons of free training resources: http://www.edcomp.com/predefined.htm.
--> Here is Your Reward for Subscribing to this Newsletter <--
*** Get Your Free Microsoft Office Forms and Templates ***
Click here for tons of Free Office Forms and Templates: http://tinyurl.com/7ibm
2) The Best New Free Microsoft Office Training & Tutorial Sites:
This section of our newsletter contains the best new Free Microsoft Office training and tutorial sites that we have found and researched in the last few weeks.
Microsoft Office XP / 2002 Tutorials:
Here are the tutorials from an online course at the University of West Florida. It teaches you how to use Office XP, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access. By reading all of the tutorial materials below, you will know and understand computer system and networking concepts, applications, productivity software (word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation graphics.), and how to conduct online research.
Essential Introduction to Computers:
Windows XP and Office XP:
Word 2002: Creating and Editing a Word Document:
Word 2002: Creating a Research Paper:
Word 2002: Creating a Resume Using a Wizard and a Cover Letter with a Table:
Word 2002: Web Feature: Creating Web Pages Using Word:
PowerPoint 2002: Using a Design Template and Text Slide Layout to Create a Presentation:
PowerPoint 2002: Using the Outline Tab and Clip Art to Create a Slide Show:
PowerPoint 2002: Web Feature: Creating a Presentation on the Web Using PowerPoint:
Excel 2002: Creating a Worksheet and Embedded Chart:
Excel 2002: Formulas, Functions, Formatting, and Web Queries:
Excel 2002: What-If Analysis, Charting, and Working with Large Worksheets:
Excel 2002: Web Feature: Creating Static and Dynamic Web Pages Using Excel:
Access 2002: Creating a Database Using Design and Datasheet Views:
Access 2002: Querying a Database Using the Select Query Window:
Access 2002: Maintaining a Database Using the Design and Update Features of Access:
Access 2002: Web Feature: Publishing to the Internet Using data Access Pages:
34 Free Microsoft Office Ebooks
The following 34 free ebooks are available on this site for Micrsoft Office applications and technologies. Specifically, the following topics and applications are covered: Microsoft Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, Visio, VBA, Frontpage, Infopath, Office Web Components, Exchange Server, Windows Media, Windows XP, Windows Security. These ebooks are in windows help (.chm) format.
Archive of Ebooks:
Microsoft Windows XP Resource Kit, 2nd edition
Microsoft Office Project 2003 Step By Step 43.8 MB
Inside Microsoft Windows 2000 18.1 MB
Accessing and Analyzing Data with Excel 16.6 MB
Inside Out - Windows Security (W2K and XP) 2003 19.3 MB
Programming Office 2000 Web Components 2.6 MB
Running Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business 20.1 MB
Step By Step - Powerpoint 2003 22.3 MB
Microsoft Computer Dictionary - Fourth Edition (ebook) 1.8 MB
Faster Smarter Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 20.9 MB
Microsoft Office 2003 Step by Step 108.1 MB
Introducing Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003 eBook 77.7 MB
Microsoft Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit 3.0 MB
Programming Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange 2003, 3rd Ed. 27.2 MB
Programming Microsoft Office Access 2003 Ebook 16.8
MB Faster Smarter Microsoft Office System 2003 14.2 MB
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Step by Step eBook 18.0 MB
Microsoft Windows Media Resource Kit eBook 27.4 MB
Building Applications With Microsoft Outlook 2002 (Vba, Visual Basic) 18.5 MB
Developing Microsoft Visio Solutions 5.5 MB
Inside Out - Microsoft Office Visio 2003, 2004 40.3 MB
Insider Power Techniques For Microsoft Windows XP 7.8 MB
Introducing Microsoft Office InfoPath 48.5 MB
Microsoft Excel 2002 Visual Basic for Application 14.6 MB
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Administrator'S Companion 19.6 MB
Microsoft Office 2000, Visual Basic for Applications Fundimentals 6.4 MB
Microsoft Office Project 2003 Inside Out 52.7 MB
Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out Deluxe 22.3 MB
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Resource Kit 2nd Ed 40.5 MB
Programming Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange 27.5 MB
First Look Office 10.5 MB
Microsoft Excel 2003 Programming Inside Out 18.1 MB
Microsoft Access 2002 Inside Out 39.3 MB
The Kent School District, in Washington, provides the following online Tutorials for Microsoft Office applications covering common functions, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
Tutorials for Common Functions of Office Applications:
- quickly insert text, graphics, fields, tables, bookmarks, and other items that you use frequently
- inserting graphics from Microsoft's extensive, searchable online clipart collection
- Compressing your pictures helps to make your files much smaller.
Default Saving Location:
- set Office applications to automatically save documents to your Home directory on the district server
- embedding other files into a document or presentation so they become one package (great for portfolios or presentations)
- linking text or graphics to Internet Web sites or to other files
- a printable table of frequently-used keyboard commands in Word
- placing pictures of the screen into documents as a graphic (great for how-to directions)
Sound Clips from MS Clip Art Collection:
- how to find and import a sound from the MS collection
Sound Recorder Troubleshooting:
- try these tips before calling the help desk
- saving documents as templates for students or staff to use
Text Boxes and Autoshapes:
- place text in a graphic element such as a box, star, award ribbon or callout (thought bubble)
Turn Off Microsoft Assistant:
- turn Microsoft Assistant (the dancing paperclip) off and use help menus differently
- add a graphic element to text to make fancy headings, nametags, poetry, etc.
Advanced Features and Functions of Microsoft Word:
Word for the Classroom:
- learn to use Word effectively in the curriculum; topics include publishing, writing, editing, templates, student portfolios, and hyperlinking.
- used in long documents to jump to locations without scrolling
- inserting page, column or text-wrapping breaks
- give directions, answers, place for student information within a document. Can also be used for student/teacher editing: Pop up boxes, Balloons, or a list at the bottom of a Word document.
- creating multiple columns on the page for formatting purposes (possible uses: newsletters, brochures)
- highlighting, comments, and tracking changes (great for peer or teacher editing or feedback)
Footnotes and Endnotes:
- explain, comment on, or provide references for text in a document
- create forms that students or staff can fill out or interact with easily on a computer
- hiding text hints/directions for students that need this support for writing
- modify margins and space between document text and headers/footers
- see and alter the structure of your document in terms of headings, subheadings and such
- used as prompts and guides to support student work or create writing prompts
Recording Sound in Word:
- insert your recorded voice or sounds
- setting tab stops for formatting structure
-personalizing Word toolbars for ease of use
- place a muted picture in the background of your document
Advanced Powerpoint Tutorials:
Animating Objects in Powerpoint:
- make objects appear, disappear, use motion paths, control sequencing of animations using the custom animation features
- give directions, answers, create a place for student information within a document.
Powerpoint for the Classroom:
- learn to use PowerPoint presentation tools to support student learning and communication. Topics include linear and non-linear (interactive) presentations and more.
- inserting video streaming movies into PowerPoint presentations
- Hide particular slides to create a PowerPoint form of supported writing
Importing Slides from Another Slide Show:
- combine all or parts of multiple PowerPoint presentations
Pack and Go:
- can be used to package one or more presentations onto a CD or a folder on a computer or network location to be used independently of the PowerPoint application
Recording Sounds Using Microphones:
- record personalized sounds into presentations
Recording Sounds from CDs:
- capture music or voice from audio CDs
- tips for designing effective and successful Powerpoint presentations
Advanced Outlook Tutorials:
Outlook Tips, part 1:
- Work with folders, access other people's calendars, and more
Outlook Tips, part 2:
- Filter out junk mail, forward contacts, set personal reminders, and more
Managing Tasks: Send A Task To Someone Else:
Outlook 2000 Quick Reference Card:
Outlook Web Access:
- Directions for accessing your Outlook e-mail and calendar from home
- Spell-check all outgoing mail:
- How to change/set spelling preferences
- Archive Your Email:
- Create Personal Folders
- Sharing a Distribution List:
- Personalize a Public Group to create a Distribution List:
- Save An Outside Email as a Contact:
- Create Emails to Your Frequent Contacts in One Click:
- Send a Voting Email:
- Take a quick survey via email
- Manage Public Groups:
- if you are a Public Group owner
Using your Calendar:
- Plan A Meeting:
- View Resource Calendars:
- View resources: rooms, wireless laptop carts, labs, and other resources
- Schedule Resources:
- Reserve rooms, wireless laptop carts, labs, and other resources
- View Other People's Calendars:
- Give Others Permission to View/Edit Your Calendar:
- View A Resource Schedule In One Click:
- Manage Room Schedules And Other Resources:
- if you are a Resource Manager
Miscellaneous Outlook Tips:
- Outlook Offline:
- Access and modify previously viewed e-mail offline
- Time Management:
- Drag and drop between tasks, calendar, InBox, etc. for speedy management
- Automatically Delete Junk Email Based on Content:
These 2 new free online course offered by the HP Learning Center are now open for enrollement.
Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 Free Course:
With PowerPoint, anyone can put together attractive and information-rich presentation graphics for businesses, non-profits, and family events. And PowerPoint 2003 is easier and packed with more features than ever before. In this free instructor led course, you'll learn how to harness PowerPoint's built-in templates, color schemes, and other easy-to-use features to create simple, but effective presentations that will help you get your message across. The instructor for this course is Don Freidkin. You can enroll now until the end of the class, which is March 3, 2006. The class starts on Jan. 19, 2006.
Introduction to Microsoft Word 2003 Free Course:
Microsoft Word 2003 is a full-featured word processing program that allows users to create professional-quality documents such as letters, brochures, newsletters, reports, and web pages. In this free instructor led course, you'll learn the basics of using Word 2003, including customizing the Word 2003 environment, creating and editing documents, and the basics of tables and web page functions. The instructor for this course is Faithe Wempen. You can enroll now until the end of the class, which is Feb. 24, 2006. The class starts on Jan. 19, 2006.
Excel Features and Create an Excel Macro
Microsoft Excel 2003 is a windows productivity application that is used to automate tasks such as calculation and analysis of data, automate financial statements, business forecasting, transaction registers, inventory control, etc. It provides multiple facilities, such as making graphs and charts, analyzing situations, and helps users at the managerial level in taking decisions. Here are 2 tutorial articles that will help you better understand and skillfully use this important home and office tool.
Features of Excel 2003:
This articles describes the most important features of Excel 2003. This include the following: Workbooks, Using the Keyboard, Entering Data in Series, Cell References, Inserting or Deleting Rows and Columns, Functions and formulas, Auto-calculation, Charts, and Database.
How to Create a Macro in Excel 2003?:
This is a 4-step tutorial teaching you now to create a macro in Excel 2003. Macros are useful for automating tasks and making Excel more efficient for completing your work with it.
Excel Tips and Techniques:
Contextures.com, a computer consulting firm specializing in Microsoft Office applications, offers the following well written Microsoft Excel Tips and Techniques, along with some excellent sample Excel spreadsheets at http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html covering these areas: Data Validation, Filters, Conditional Formatting, UserForms and Add-Ins, PivotTables, Functions, and Scenarios.
Viewlet Tutorials, Notes, and Activities for Word, Excel, Publisher, and Excel:
Here are video viewlet tutorials for Microsoft Word (5), Excel (3), Publisher (1), and PowerPoint (1). Also included here are Notes for each of these applications (viewable by clicking on the application's title name), and Activities to be performed for each of these Mircrosoft Office applications.
Word Video Viewlets:
Using the Drawing Toolbar Viewlet:
Ceating Columns Column Viewlet:
Inserting Tables Viewlet:
Setting Tabs Viewlet:
Adding Clipart Viewlet:
Excel Video Viewlets:
Adding Group of Numbers - Sum Viewlet:
Using Formulas Viewlet:
Creating Charts Viewlet:
Inserting Text, WordArt, & Clipart with Publisher Viewlet:
Creating PowerPoint Slideshow Viewlet:
10 Microsoft Word Video Viewlet Tutorials
Here are 10 Microsoft Word Video Viewlet Tutorials, hosted by Spring Arbor Univeristy. These will help you use Word more effectively.
"How do I . . ."
- Set Document Margins?
- Set Line Spacing?
- Format Fonts?
- Set Landscape or Portrait Orientation?
- Create Numbered Lists or Bullet-Point Lists?
- Save Files & Configure Auto-Save?
- Copy, Cut, and Paste?
- Print a Document?
- Use Spell Check?
- Use the Thesaurus?
3) The Best New Free Training Sites for Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, FrontPage, and other Adobe and Macromedia Applications
12 Free Ebooks for Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Macromedia CF MX 7:
Here are 12 free Ebooks in windows help (.chm) format covering Macromedia Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Macromedia CF MX 7. These will help you understand and learn how to use these powerful applications as you also learn how to do web design and development.
- Macromedia Flash 8 A Tutorial Guideebook (3.2 MB)
- Developing Extensions for Macromedia Flash 8 (693.3 KB)
- Learning ActionScript 2 0 for Macromedia Flash ebook (2.1 MB)
- Macromedia Flash MX 2004 ActionScript Train (11.3 MB)
- Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Fast and Easy Web Development (19.3 MB)
- Macromedia Flash MX 2004 - ActionScript Training From The Source (11.6 MB)
- Macromedia Flash MX Game Design Demystified (9.3 MB)
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MX Dynamic Applications ShareReactor (10.3 MB)
- Macromedia Fireworks 8 Training from the Source ebook (11.4 MB)
- Advanced Macromedia CF MX 7 Application Development ebook(17.7 MB)
- Macromedia CF MX 7 Certified Developer Study Guide ebook (707.2 KB)
- Macromedia CF MX 7 Web Application Construction Kit (36.9 MB)
38 Free Books: Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Director, Photoshop, Flash
Here are 38 more free ebooks. These are for Dreamweaver MX, Fireworks MX, Director MX, Photoshop CS2, Flash MX, Macromedia Studio MX, PHP, MySQL, CSS, Coldfusion, Premier, Acrobat, and Macintosh applications.
Archive of Ebooks:
- Design and Deploy Websites with Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 (12.8 MB)
- Macromedia Fireworks Mx Training From The Source (6.1 MB)
- Model, Rig, Animate with 3DS Max 7 (6.7 MB)
- Macromedia Director MX 2004 Training from the Source (25.4 MB)
- Macromedia Director MX f WinMac (17.8 MB)
- The Photoshop CS2 Help Desk Book (13.6 MB)
- Photoshop CS2 Killer Tips Sep 2005 eBook (19.0 MB)
- Macromedia Flash MX 2004 ActionScript Training from the Source (11.6 MB)
- Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Killer Tips (7.8 MB)
- Macromedia Flash Mx Actionscripting Advanced (12.1 MB)
- Macromedia Flash MX Training From The Source (12.3 MB)
- Macromedia Flash MX for Windows & Macintosh Visual QuickStart Guide (19.1 MB)
- Certified Macromedia Flash MX Designer Study Guide_2 (1.1 MB)
- Animation And Effects With Macromedia Flash Mx 2004 (20.1 MB)
- Macromedia Studio MX 2004 Training from the Source (14.9 MB)
- Macromedia MX eLearning Advanced Training (15.1 MB)
- Macromedia Captivate for Windows Visual Quickstart Guide (20.5 MB)
- DV 101 A Hands-On Guide for Business (6.8 MB)
- PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites Visual QuickPro Guide 2nd Ed (54.6 MB)
- Stylin with CSS A Designers Guide (7.6 MB)
- The Zen of CSS Design Visual Enlightenment for the Web (26.3 MB)
- Reality Macromedia Cold Fusion Mx & Flash Mx Integration (9.2 MB)
- Macromedia Coldfusion 5 Training From The Source (13.6 MB)
- Macromedia Coldfusion 5 Training From The Source (13.6 MB)
- Premiere Elements For Windows Visual Quickstart Guide (52.2 MB)
- Making A Movie In Premiere Elements Visual Quickproject Guide (12.6 MB)
- Microsoft Windows XP Color Management Ebook (13.8 MB)
- Microsoft Windows XP for Home Users Service Pack 2 Edition (10.9 MB)
- Mac Visual QuickStart Guide (19.4 MB)
- Apple Training Series GarageBand 2 (16.9 MB)
- Keynote 2 For Mac Os X Visual Quickstart Guide 13.6 MB)
- Apple Pro Training Series Advanced Logic Pro 7 eBook (57.4 MB)
- Apple Training Series Mac OS X Support Essentials 2nd Ed eBook (8.1 MB)
- Mac OS X Tiger Killer Tips (16.4 MB)
Archive of Ebooks:
- Adobe Acrobat 7 Tips and Tricks The 150 Best (25.0 MB)
- Adobe Reader 7 Revealed Working Effectively with Acrobat PDF Files
Macromedia MX Training Tutorials:
Here are 5 Macromedia MX Training Tutorials, one each for Dreamweaver MX, Flash MX, Fireworks MX, Freehand MX, and Director MX. These are provided free by trainingcafe.com, which is no longer hosting free learning modules, except for these.
Dreamweaver MX is a professional visual editor for creating and managing websites and pages. It provides advanced design and layout tools, enabling you to create web pages without writing a line of code. In this module you'll learn:
- 1. How to use the Dreamweaver interface
- 2. How to organize and set up a website
- 3. How to set up a web page and modify its properties
- 4. How to add elements to a web page
- 5. How to create and edit a table
- 6. How to use frames
- 7. How to publish your website
Flash is a popular web animation tool your can use to create real-world applications, such as simulations, interactive diagrams, animations, Web page designs and online learning. In this module you'll learn:
- 1. How to use the Macromedia Flash MX interface
- 2. How to draw simple objects in Macromedia Flash MX
- 3. How to edit text in Macromedia Flash MX
- 4. How to create and edit layers
- 5. How to use symbols and instances
- 6. How to Motion Tween*
- 7. How to use scenes to organize your movie
- 8. How to attach actions to an object
- 9. How to export a Macromedia Flash MX file
Fireworks MX creates high quality JPEG and GIF graphics with smal file sizes in a few number of steps, great for web graphics. In this module you'll learn:
- 1. How to use the Fireworks interface
- 2. How to draw objects
- 3. How to edit bitmaps
- 4. How to create buttons and rollovers for a web page
- 5. How to create hotspots and slices
- 6. How to optimize and export web graphics
- 7. How to integrate Dreamweaver and Fireworks
FreeHand is a powerful design tool that can be used to produce both print and Web graphics. In this module you'll learn:
- 1. distinguish a vector image from a bitmap image
- 2. identify FreeHand's various toolbars
- 3. use FreeHand's panels
- 4. enter and format text
- 5. create and modify paths
- 6. import and trace graphics
- 7. organize artwork with layers
Director MX is a professional authoring tool for creating and combining multimedia in a single integrated presentation. Its movies can be viewed either on the Internet or as a stand-alone projector saved on a disk. In this module you'll learn:
- 1. How to use the Director MX interface
- 2. How to create cast members
- 3. How to create animations in Director MX
- 4. How Director MX uses Lingo to control movie elements
- 5. How to create interactivity
- 6. How Director MX uses sound and video files
- 7. How to use 3D in Director MX
- 8. How to create projectors
Need help with older versions? Check out these training modules:
Macromedia Dreamweaver 4:
Macromedia Director 8.5:
21 Macromedia Flash Tutorials:
The Gurus Network hosts the following 21 Macromedia Flash Tutorials. These tutorials are a collaborative effort created by various web developers and webmasters who are willing to share their experience and knowledge.
Flash 8 Documentation, User Guides, and Tutorials:
Here are the official LiveDocs and the Documentation, User Guides and Tutorials for Macromedia Flash 8, which is the most current version of Flash available. This is the definitive documentation and tutorial content for Flash 8 offered by Macromedia (now Adobe). LiveDocs pages also display user comments and include an Add Comments button that allows you to comment on a page's contents and usefulness.
Flash 8 Documentation, User Guides, and Tutorials:
Flash 8 Live Docs:
Beginning Web Animation with Flash MX Free Course with Instructor: http://h30187.www3.hp.com/courses/overview.jsp?courseId=3012
This new free online course offered by the HP Learning Center is now open for enrollement.
Macromedia Flash is the de facto standard application for authoring rich media content on the World Wide Web. This free instructor led course will teach you how to use Flash MX, Macromedia's latest and most advanced version of the software. The instructor for this course is Karin Rex. It covers the basics for new users and sets you on the right track to creating rich media Web sites of your own. You can enroll now until the end of the class, which is March 3, 2006. The class starts on Jan. 19, 2006.
122 Photoshop Tutorials:
Here are 122 Adobe Photoshop tutorials showing you how to use this popular and feature-filled graphic editing tool to create varioius Texts, Shapes and Objects, Textures, and Effects.
Free Dreamweaver Training Tutorials
Here are free training tutorials and learning materials for Dreamweaver that will help you greatly in learning this web site authoring application. All of these tutorials were developed and are hosted by macromedia.com, so they will give you the most up-to-date information, instructions, tips, and techniques on using Dreamweaver to its fullest capabilities.
Interactive and Video Dreamweaver Tutorials:
Sample Applications and Tutorials:
Dreamweaver Support Forums:
Dreamweaver Developer Center:
Dreamweaver Design Tutorials:
Dreamweaver Application Development Tutorials:
- Application Development:
- Web Services:
- XML and XSLT:
More Dreamweaver Tutorials:
- Migrating to Dreamweaver:
- Getting Started:
- Best Practices:
- Cross-Product Integration:
Video Viewlet Tutorials:
Here are 16 Viewlet Tutorials for Acrobat, GoLive, ImageReady, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere. These tutorials will play a video training session in your browser, and you can interact with them so you can learn your own pace. They were created by students at the University of South Florida.
Creating Interactive forms in Adobe Acrobat 5.0:
Creating a simple webpage with Adobe GoLive:
How to create rollovers in ImageReady:
Basic Animation using Adobe ImageReady:
Creating a text rollover menu in Adobe ImageReady:
Getting started in InDesign 1.5:
Flowing text along the edge of a shape within InDesign 2.0:
Adjusting Loose Lines in Adobe InDesign 2.0:
Getting started with InDesign 2.0:
Importing a graphic into InDesign 2.0:
Applying Text Attributes within Adobe InDesign 2.0:
How to insert a graphic into InDesign 2.0:
Changing units of measure in InDesign 2.0:
Creating a neon effect in Photoshop 6.0:
Using layered effects in Adobe Photoshop 5.5:
How to capture video into Adobe Premiere 6.0:
Download Fireworks 8 Documentation and Manuals
Fireworks is a bitmap and vector graphics editor, developed by Macromedia and aimed at web designers (with features such as: slices, the ability to add hotspots etc.). It is designed to integrate easily with other products, such as Dreamweaver and Flash, and is part of the Macromedia Studio 8 suite. Fireworks is similar in purpose to the popular Adobe Photoshop application
The blog post linked above provides all the descriptions and links for the complete documentation for Macromedia Fireworks 8. These include the following 4 manuals to help you start learning this graphics editing tool or to assist you to acquire more skills with it: 'Getting Started in Fireworks', 'Using Fireworks', 'Extending Fireworks', and 'Fireworks Remote Procedure Calls'.
Download the complete documentation set to print or to search across all the manuals. Download Complete Fireworks 8 Documentation (ZIP, 19.26 MB): fireworks/fw8/fw_pdfs.zip
Learn Adobe Illustrator - Tutorials
Adobe Illustrator is a Vector graphics editor that can be used for creating and arranging objects such as squares, circles and irregular shapes. This program is ideal for drawing illustrations and charts, or creating posters with drawings and carefully formatted text. Illustrator is currently at version 12 (called CS2 to reflect its integration with Adobe's Creative Suite), and is available for both the Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Here are several free online tutorials for learning Adobe Illustrator, I hope these will help you learn how to use this graphics editing tool:
Illustrator Tips and Tutorials from adobe.com:
40 Adobe Illustrator Tutorials:
21 Adobe Illustrator Tutorials:
11 Adobe Illustrator Tutorials:
Adobe Illustrator Tutorial:
Illustrator Basics: Shapes:
Beginning Adobe Illustrator CS Free Online Class from hp.com (sign up for future class):
3D Modelling and Animation Tutorial Lessons:
These are 13 excellent tutorial lessons covering Maya, the popular 3D modelling and animation tool, offered by mercury.tvu.ac.uk. These will help you learn and become proficient using this important 3D software graphics animation application.
Computers and Art, 2nd Edition:
The chapters of this book about Computer Art express a number of viewpoints and perspectives illustrating a range of artistic styles. There has been a conscious editorial decision not to try to unify the styles in which the chapters are written since each proves expressive of the direction from which its author comes. Between them, however, the contributions are designed to cover a broad range of issues within the field of computer art. Contributors to the book are variously artists, scientists, critics, philosophers, educators or often several of those things.
4) The Best New Free Web Development Training Sites
Here are some good learning pages and tutorials for AJAX:
Ajax Tutorial: Ajax What is it Good For?:
Shows you how to code in Ajax and how to implement it into your site, along with its history and how it was born.
Ajax: Getting Started:
This is a well presented introduction to Ajax from the Mozilla developer center.
AJAX: Instant Tutorial:
This is an excellent Ajax tutorial that makes is simple to understand and implement code using it.
Rasmus' 30 second AJAX Tutorial:
This is a quick, 30 second tutorial with code examples that you should understand have web coding experience.
Demonstrates various ways to use Ajax and shows you what you can do with it on your web sites.
Ajax in ASP.NET:
Read this tutorial if you're ASP.NET developer. Microsoft is working on their own implementation of Ajax, which is named Atlas, but it is not yet released yet.
Ajax with J2EE:
Another tutorial of Ajax, this time implementing with J2EE.
How to Use AJAX:
AJAX Programming Wikipedia Article:
Creating a MySQL connection with PHP/AJAX:
XML in the Browser: Submitting forms using AJAX:
A Simpler Ajax Path:
Building an AJAX-Based Chat: Interacting With a Database:
Very Dynamic Web Interfaces:
AJAX Tutorial google search:
Free Linux WebMaster Course:
Web Design Patterns:
Patterns give insight into design problems by capturing the essence of problems and their solutions in a compact form. They embody common design experience and present solutions that work in practice rather than the best solution in every case. They may be related together, such as by completing higher-level patterns above them. The web design patterns presented here can help the designer to focus on the more desirable characteristics of Web sites as well as help to build value, trust, and reliability with Web site visitors. This is particularly important with e-commerce Web sites.
These HTML and Style Sheet (CSS) tutorials, from websitebytes.com, will teach you how to create your own simple web pages and websites. Also included here are their HTML 4.01 and CSS2 Reference Guides.
Online Tutorial Articles:
HTML and CSS Language Reference:
The Secret Art of HTML Programming and Web Design:
XML and Databases:
This tutorial article gives a high-level overview of how to use XML with databases. It discusses and shows how the differences between data-centric and document-centric documents affect their usage with databases, how XML is usually used with relational databases, and what native XML databases are and when to use them.
Web Coding Tutorials for Newbies
This site offers some good, basic HTML and CSS tutorial lessons to help you get started learning and coding with these web development essentials. Also offered in a neat dashboard widget tutorial that will show you how to a widget on your web site that counts the days left to a certain date.
HTML and CSS Tutorial:
Chapter 1 - Some boring, but important Theory:
Chapter 2 - Building your first website:
Chapter 3 - Basic CSS:
Chapter 4 - More CSS:
Chapter 5 - Layers:
Chapter 6 - Creating a website
The following Dashboard Widget Tutorial is for those who are new to widget development and are somewhat familiar with html.
Chapter 1 - Define the Dashboard Widget:
Chapter 2 - Design:
Chapter 3 - Widget script:
Chapter 4 - Update script:
Guide to Web Coding and Style:
This Guide to Web Coding & Design will show and teach you how to create an elegant and informative site by explaining the simplicity of HTML, the organization of CSS, the power of PHP, and the artistry of Adobe Photoshop. To get the most from this web coding and design site you need to practice the examples given and try out the techniques explained. The only way to really understand the concepts and ideas of web design and development is to gain first-hand experience with coding web pages. This site is an April 2004 entry in the biannual international thinkquest.Org competition, under the free topic for ages 19 & Under.
HTML: Discover the basics of creating a simple webpage:
- Formatting Text:
- Lists & Tables:
- Links & Beyond:
CSS: Standardize and stylize the layout of a webpage:
- Text Formatting:
- Internal Styles:
- External Styles:
- Advanced CSS:
PHP: Create code that generates HTML for you:
- Basics of PHP:
Web Design: Learn the do's and don'ts of creating an elegant web page:
- Color Theory:
Photoshop: Edit pictures to create specific design effects:
- The Basics:
- The Main Menu:
- Photo Manipulation:
7 Free Books for Web Programming, Scripting, XML, TCP-IP, and more
Here are 7 free computer and web development books covering web site programming and scripting, XML, TCP-IP, cryptography, and assembly.
Web Programming Desktop Reference 6-In-1 (zip):
Web Programming Desktop Reference 6-IN-1.zip
Web Scripting Secret Weapons (zip):
Web Scripting Secret Weapons.zip
XML: A Primer:
XML A Primer.zip
Practical Guide to SGML XML Filters (zip):
Practical Guide to SGML XML Filters.zip
Teach Yourself TCP-IP in 14 Days, 2nd Edition (zip):
teach yourself tcp-ip in 14 days - second_edition.zip
Handbook of Applied Cryptography:
Introduction to Assembly:
Introduction to Assembly.zip
Building Web Applications with PHP and MySQL Free Course with Instructor:
The "Building Web Applications with PHP and MySQL" course is now available for enrollment.
PHP and MySQL are two of the most popular tools for creating dynamic database-driven websites and other web applications. This free instructor led course will introduce you to databases for the web and then walks you through the process of planning and building a dynamic web site with PHP and MySQL. The instructor for this course is Cindy Fox. In it you'll learn how to use MySQL to set up your database and PHP to connect web pages to the database. Then integrate your dynamic code into your existing website to extend its functionality. You can enroll now until the end of the class, which is March 3, 2006. The class starts on Jan. 19, 2006.
Building Websites with Microsoft FrontPage 2003 Free Course:
This new free online course offered by the HP Learning Center is now open for enrollement.
This free instructor led course will help you get started in creating and maintaining your own website. By using FrontPage 2003, you will be able to control the look of your site and easily update it. In addition, multiple people can update the same website at the same time. The instructor for this course is Virginia O'Connor. You can enroll now until the end of the class, which is March 3, 2006. The class starts on Jan. 19, 2006.
HTML Tutorial for Beginners:
This HTML tutorial will assist you in understanding how to write HTML pages and get a web site up and running. This tutorial is designed to help you understand HTML quickly and is also useful as a reference. It is written for those starting out with HTML After learning the subjects in this tutorial, you can review more advanced topics such as DHTML, XML, SGML, and client and server side script writing - these are covered elsewhere in this blog, just use the search form on the right column. Here is this HTML Tutorial in zipped pdf format here: http://www.comptechdoc.org/..htmlguide.zip. This tutorial covers most commonly used HTML elements and attributes, but not all. For an excellent source of information regarding available HTML 4.0 elements and attributes, refer to the Web Design Group's web page, HTML 4.0 Reference section here: http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/
Web Development Tutorials:
5) The Best New Free Windows, Linux, Hardware and General Computer Training Sites
Windows Viewlet Tutorials from Stirling University:
Mapping a Network Drive:
Disconnecting a Network Drive:
Using the Start Menu to open an Application:
Change a Screen-Saver:
Changing the Desktop Wallpaper:
Creating a Shortcut - on the desktop:
Connecting to a Network Printer:
Deleting a Print Job:
Email - Outlook XP:
Setting up your Outlook profile for the first time:
Creating a profile for an Outlook Resource:
Creating an Outlook Spam Rule:
General Windows Tips
How to Back Up Files:
- Learn how to copy your files as a backup
Windows File Name System:
- File names and types discussed
Minimize, Maximize, and Find:
- The three buttons on the upper right, and the Find... too
- Explains all the icons and things on your computer screen
- Cursors and clicks explained
6) Software, Office and Computer Sites and Downloads Worth Mentioning
100% completely free software. No gimmicks. It's yours for free. Download today and start using this user friendly software.
PagePlus SE - Desktop Publishing:
• Ads & Brochures
• Business Stationery
• Flyers & Forms
• Greeting Cards
• Over 500+ free templates
PhotoPlus 6.0 - Photo and Image Editing:
• Image Export Optimizer
• Photo Enhancement
• Unique Selection Options
• Image Slicing/Image Maps
• Editable Text
• Smart Shapes
WebPlus 6.0 - Web Site Design & Publishing:
Multiple Document Interface
• Helpful Advice
• Table Editor
• Web Site Templates
DrawPlus 4.0 - Graphic Design and Vector Drawing:
• Drag & Drop Formatting
• Animation Mode
• Advanced Graphic Functions
• Border Wizard
• Transparency Effects
• Backdrop Wizard
3DPlus 2.0 - 3D Animation and Modeling:
• 3D Animation Capability
• Enhanced 3D Resources
• Improved 3D Tools
• Performance Advances
• Direct output Preview
7) Question of the Month about Software Training:
Each month Jeff Love will answer a current or important question that we have received about computer and software training.
January 2006 Question of the Month:
Where are some good FAQs (frequently answered questions) for the Microsoft Office applications?
Here are some good FAQs for Office applications:
Microsoft Office System Frequently Asked Questions:
Office 2003 Editions Frequently Asked Questions:
Microsoft Word FAQ:
Frequently Asked Questions About Microsoft Word:
Excel and Word FAQs:
Microsoft Excel Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Frequently Asked Questions About Microsoft Excel:
The Powerpoint FAQ:
FAQs for Office Developers:
Frequently Asked Questions for Windows, Office Applications, and others:
I hope this helps you.
8) Please Support Our Training Mission
How You Can Support Our Computer and Software Training Mission
Please help support EducationOnlineForComputers.com's Computer and Sofware Education and Training Mission by visiting our sponsors below and requesting more information. By doing so, you will be helping people who want to learn to use computers in an Information Technology career.
This is our new free computer and IT education and training search engine housing over 150,000 free training internet resources! Just type in a topic you're looking for and get tons of great web resources instantly. These search results are much better than the big search engines, like google. You can also check out our predefined search results page giving you tons of free training resources: http://www.edcomp.com/predefined.htm.
University of Phoenix Online: Advance your career:
DeVry: Online degrees for working adults?
ITT Technical Institute: Choose from their many programs:
Free to Sell - The Ultimate eBook!
(lowest price on the web)
Search for IT Training:
American College of Computer & Information Sciences:
Get the degree you need to advance your career...online at your convenience
Saint Leo University Online:
Accelerated Online Degree Programs: Business and Accounting, Computer Information, Criminal Justice, Liberal Arts.
University Alliance Schools:
Accelerated degrees and flexible online courses with streaming video lectures
Free Computer Software Training Now!
A free and member-based software educational and training portal web site. We have compiled, categorized, described, and linked many sites that will be of keen interest to computer software application end-users seeking free training and knowledge. Many subject areas are covered, including Microsoft Office, Flash, Photoshop, Dreamwever, FrontPage, Web Development, Windows, Linux, and Computer Hardware. You are able to study and learn all about computer software via Free training, courses, tutorials, documentation, articles, tips, notes, and help. Check us out today.
Copyright Notice: Please note that all of the items hyperlinked are copyrighted by their authors and/or publishers. You are expected to look for, read, and adhere to such notices. Downloaded and online material is copyrighted whether or not a copyright notice is present.
***EducationOnlineForComputers.com's Member Site ***
Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer software training resources and tutorials. This content is individually linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your software and computer learning experience. We have done all the web research and presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your computer training.
EducationOnlineForComputers.com Member Site FAQ Answers:
- All of the web sites and pages in our members site are not in the free section of our web site. The member site training is more detailed and the best available. The online training resources in our members' site are linked and laid out in a much more detailed fashion than those in the free section. This will save you time in finding all the best free training on the web.
- You can choose to pay using either Paypal or 2Checkout. If paying pay check and you live in the U.S., please select 2Checkout.
- You have a choice to select the non-recurring or recurring method of payment. If you select non-recurring, when your membership period expires, you will not be automatically charged another fee on your credit card or check.
- The total price to join our member's site is only $14 total for 2 months, $24 for 4 months, $32 for 6 months, or $56 for a whole year. The funds generated will assist us to help all those seeking software application education training. Here's the link to see what's available on our member's site and to sign up: http://tinyurl.com/7ien You can email Jeff Love with questions at email@example.com
I will give you 5 Great Free Bonuses when you sign up now.
These are as follows:
- 28 Modules of Soft Skills Training, covering topics such as Coaching, Delegating, Finance Essentials, Hiring, Leading and Motivating Team, Making a Presentation, Managing Your Time, and Setting Goals.
- 19 Online Business and Reference Books, including titles such as Scientific Advertising, The Art of Electronic Publishing, and Small Business Manual
- 12 Instructive e-Books, including On Line Stealth Marketing, 7 Secrets to Unlimited Traffic, and Increase Auction Profits.
- Instant and Easy Online Access to the 24 Best Free Computer Help & Support Sites.
- 45 of the Best, Completely Free Programs and Utilities.
To Subscribe to this Free monthly Newsletter of Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank email to this address:
(You will need to confirm using a link in a confirming email.)
Or go to this web page and use the subscribe form:
To Unsubscribe from this Free monthly Newsletter of Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank email to this address:
(no need to confirm)
Or simply go to this web page and use the unsubscribe form: